Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Transforming Green Beans

Well, a green bean is just that. There are some ways to dress them up, casserole them, pudge them but in the end they're still just - a green bean. Last night, however, I stumbled upon a really good enhancement. Like most of my cooking, it was easy and something I did on a whim.


Yummy Green Beans
Pour a bag of frozen whole green beans (Pictsweet) into a shallow baking dish. Add a few pats of butter on top. Place two beef bouillon cubes on top and a little salt and pepper. If I had had some almonds on hand I would have thrown them in. Cover with foil and bake on 350 for about an hour. They're going to be smooshy not crisp.

It doesn't sound like much but they got rave reviews. I would definitely make them this way again. I'm actually posting this for you so I can remember what I did.

Freestyle cooking - you gotta love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment