Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Former Life

Well, today (last Sunday) something happened that changed me forever. When I say that I'm not sure what you might be thinking. Was there some catastrophe? Some epiphany? Some destiny? that came my way?

No, it was none of those things. It was a small framed picture with a smudgy image in the center of the photo. Yes, it's the moment I've been waiting for that changes absolutely everything.

A BABY!!! I'm no longer just Betsy, Elizabeth, wife, mother, sister, friend.....I am now Granny, Nanny, Mimi or whatever this little peanut decides to name me. Baby Greer is only the size of an olive (I LOVE olives) but has managed to turn my day, my week, my year, my life upsidedown. I'm changed. It's that simple.

WARNING!!!!! I will be bonkers crazy in love with this child and don't plan to contain, manage, or care what anyone thinks about how I act.

Come quickly June 2nd. Really quickly.

5 comments:

  1. Love this Mom! You are so sweet! I love that you love this baby so much and you haven't even met him or her (hoping for a him). I know you are going to be an amazing granny just like you are an amazing Mom. BG loves his grandparents already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is way too cute! i am excited too but hate that i am going to be so far away. going to be so fun to start this new chapter in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delights await you! So excited for your family and praying for all of you! Just sharing this joy brings a smile to everyone's face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting read...

    ReplyDelete