Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cooking Surprise

I'm making it my motto to think differently in the kitchen. I'm so bored with the same old meals, made the same old way. Even the simple meals can use a little refreshing. Tonight I decided to make quesadillas. A good idea came to me as I perused what was available in my kitchen. Here's the outcome.

Brown 1 pound of ground beef on med.high heat. While its cooking sprinkle a packet of taco mix over the meat. Add frozen pepper/onion mix to taste. Add a tablespoon or two of salsa as it cooks. Let it cook on med. high until pink is gone from the meat. It will be "saucy".

Get out your Pizza Pizazz. If you don't have this counter top appliance, go to Wal Mart and buy one. It's about $50 but worth every penny. You'll use it over and over for everything from pizza to tuna melts to heating leftovers that need to be crispy. Maybe put it on your Christmas list. I've given all my girls one from year to year.

Spray oil on the first tortilla and place it oil side down on the pizazz. Spread the tortilla with a small amount of sour cream. Then layer grated cheese, seasoned meat, cheese and the second tortilla. Spray the top of the tortilla so it will get crispy. The great thing about the pizazz is that it cooks from the top and bottom at the same time.

When the quesadilla is browned and crisp, slide it onto a plate with a spatula. Let sit for a minute or so and then cut with a pizza cutter. Serve with salsa and sour cream. DELICIOUSO!!!

Add frozen chopped onion, frozen onion/pepper mix,taco seasoning and salsa to your list of things to keep stocked in your kitchen.




No comments:

Post a Comment