Monday, July 26, 2010

One Path

What you are about to read is the backdrop of my thinking. Because I write from my soul, things that are in my spirit will no doubt surface from time to time. The following may help you understand where I'm coming from.

Those who say that there are many paths to God are sadly mistaken. The Bible says that Jesus is the only way to relationship with God. Answering the question - who is Jesus? - is the most important question you will ever consider and answer. I love that the word "quest" is in the work "question". Most questions that are in the deep places of our heart are really about a quest to relate to the God of the Bible. Questions such as "Why am I here?", "What is my purpose?", "What's going to happen to me when I die?". I'm not here to preach at length about the answers to these questions. I would point you to the Bible, the God of the Bible and the redeeming work of Jesus, His Son, on the cross that births our personal relationship with Him. He loves me. He loves you. I relate to Him with each breath I take. You can relate to Him too. I have found peace and security. I have found acceptance and joy. I have found strength and courage. I have not found any of these things inside my "self". My "self" is a weak and miserable portrayal of humanness. I have found these things within my relationship with God. It has been my choice to respond to Him choosing me first.

Go to the Bible. See for yourself that He is Light, and Life and Truth. ( John 1:4; John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment