This year's Christmas celebration held a lot of meaning for me. We welcomed a new son-in-law, Jackson, into the family this year. And though he spent Christmas with us last year when he and Jill were engaged, the permanence of his place in our family gave it a little different flavor. I can truly say I now have two favorite son-in-laws and enjoy them both so much. I've waited a long time for "boys" and these two have been worth the wait.
This year's family time was underwritten with the caveat that this would be our last Christmas together with just two generations of Langmades. Sometime early summer we will welcome the first of a new generation to our family as Lori and Ethan have their first baby. That baby - who is yet generic to us - has thrown us all into a frenzy of excitement and anticipation. BTW - an ultrasound next week will reveal pink or blue and I am beside myself to the point of not sleeping. Stay tuned for the announcement!!
Prior to Christmas my wish list would have looked something like this:
- All eight of us under one roof - healthy and happy
- Our Colorado girl home safe and sound
- Lots of laughter and interaction
- Meaningful church service on Christmas Eve
- Perfect yummy meals that everyone would oooo and ahhh over
- PEPPERMINT PIE in abundance
- All gifts appropriate and appreciated
- Multiple gatherings with plenty of time to just "hang"
- Reflection and celebration of where we've been, where we are and where we're headed as a family
- A constant realization that our God is truly Emmanuel - God With Us
It's with a smile and tear I can say that all of this happened and more. Added bonuses involved two dogs in addition to the eight of us under one roof; a true White Christmas; the newlyweds staying over night on Christmas eve; our youngest spending the whole weekend - well, I could go on and on. All this to say - it was a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS for me. And I'm so grateful to God for his many blessings.
Twas five days after Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. This momma is resting and taking some time, next Christmas will be here before I finish this rhyme :):)