Thursday, March 17, 2011

What To Do With Fish

I know that fish is a really good choice for a meal. Have you ever noticed, however, that it's all about what you put ON the fish that influences how good it tastes. I was playing around in the kitchen last week, wanting to use what I had on hand for the meal and this is what I created.

Fun Fish in One Dish
2 Mahi Mahi Fish Fillets (frozen or fresh)
2 c. Mashed Potatoes (real or instant)
1 pkg frozen broccolli florets
Salt n pepper
Old Bay spice
Nature Seasoning
BBQ potato chip crumbs from the bottom of the bag











My mashed potatoes were from leftovers I froze but you could make them
fresh or instant. I spread those on the bottom of the baking dish. Then I laid
the two fish fillets (Sams Frozen), still partially frozen on top of the potatoes.
I filled the outside of the dish with frozen broccolli. I put some thin butter
shavings on top of the fish followed by salt, pepper, Nature's Seasoning and
Old Bay Seasoning. At this point you could also squeeze fresh lemon or lime.
I sprinkled a little grated cheese on top of the broccolli ( you could use any kind)
and popped it in the oven on 375 for 40 minutes. Keep in mind that the fish
was still a little frozen. About 10 minutes before it was done, I sprinkled the
BBQ Potato Chip crumbs from the bottom of the bag on top of the fish.









The two of us could not finish it all but the leftovers were tasty as well.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment